Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Job Ref: HR-IA-04-2013
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Internal
Reporting to the Group Head of Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor will be expected to deliver on operational and technical requirements in accordance with our quality standards while guaranteeing that we are true to our vision of being the Media of Africa for Africa.
- Planning of audit assignments i.e. information gathering, risk analysis, internal controls review, determining scope and objectives, audit strategy and approach
- Carry out financial, operational, administrative and information system audits
- Carry out special audits and investigations
- Review management accounts and generate regular exceptional analysis reports
- Review economy and efficiency in use of company resources
- Preparation of assignment reports and regular follow up of recommendations.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized institution
- CPA/ACCA finalist or holder of equivalent qualification
- CISA and/or CIA qualification is desirable
- Knowledge in the use of electronic audit file management system and CAATs (Computer Aided Audit Techniques) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization or audit firm
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Job Ref: SW-04-2013
The Nation Media Group is the largest independent multi-media house in East and Central Africa. It attracts and serves large audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
To consolidate this position, the company wishes to recruit specialist writers in subjects listed below to strengthen its editorial content:
- Science and environment
- Health science
- Religious affairs
- Natural resources
The specialists will be taken through a four-month inhouse journalism training and afforded opportunities for professional development.
- First degree in area of specialization;
- 3 to 5 years working experience;
- Outstanding writing skills, ability to work under tight deadlines and a lively interest in public issues.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email their applications and detailed CVs online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com not later than Friday, 19th, April 2013.
Note: We will only contact shortlisted applicants