Athletics Kenya wishes to recruit the following staff immediately:
1. Secretary General / CEO (Re – Advertisement)
This is a position for a seasoned, proactive, independent thinking and results oriented professional.
The position holder will be responsible to the Executive Board for all the overall management and administration of the Federation.
Key deliverables for the position include:
- Developing and recommending to the Board the long term strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets and establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
- Facilitating compliance with internal and external regulatory agencies and guidelines for management and marketing of athletics in line with IAAF and CAAA legislation and regulations.
- Coordinating and leading preparation of business relating proposals for sponsorship for consideration by the Board.
- Formulating, implementing and monitoring athletics development policies.
- Administration of all the recourses and activities of the Board.
- Ensuring continuous achievement of AK’s financial and operating goals/Objectives.
- Serving as the Secretary to the Board.
Requirement for the Position
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science, Engineering, Commerce, Law, Economics, Business Administration, or Sports related degree from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years of experience, five of which must have been in Senior management.
- Experience in sports management will be added advantage.
- 35- 45 years of age.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing athletics.
- Prove knowledge / experience of sports marketing including development of funding proposals and follow up to mobilise resources and sponsorship.
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial , procurement and human resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to work collaboratively and network effectively locally and internationally.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Well organised and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy including standard office applications and experience in working with databases and management system software.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. And
- Be of highest ethical, personal and professional standing with clarity of vision and professional credibility.
2. Director Marketing and Communication
The position calls for a pleasant, outgoing, self driven, assertive and dignified person with effective communication skills.
Requirements for the position
- Bachelor of Marketing or masters in Marketing.
- 35-45 years of age.
- At least 5 years of experience for Bachelor and 2years as for masters.
- Ability to generate, formulate, present and negotiate sponsorship packages for Athletics Kenya.
- Effective Liaison Service between Athletics Kenya and sponsors.
- Press Liaison, image protection management of press conferences.
- Events monitoring / Organisation/Sourcing of service provider/ oversight and public relations.
- Periodical evaluation of Athletics Kenya Sponsorships/ Image etcetera and reporting to the President and Executive Board preferably on quarterly basis.
- Report line: - CEO - President and Executive Board.
3. Personal Assistant (PA) to the President
Requirements for the position
- Higher Diploma or Degree holder preferably touching on Sports Management.
- At least 5 years experience in office management.
- 30-40 years of age.
- Good communication skills – both written and spoken English . French and any other foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Speech writing.
- Should be computer literate and able to use internet facilities confidently.
- Should be able to keep proper statistics .
- Knowledge of International relations would help.
- Should have organizational qualities.
- Knowledge of keeping President’s diary.
4. Technical Director
The position calls for a person who can work harmoniously with the Athletes, National officials and Coaches to improve their performances through various aspects of training programmes and should be able to create and maintain officials and coaches structure including athletes statistics in all the regions of republic of Kenya.
Requirements for the Position
- Bachelors Degree in Sports Management or its equivalent with at least five years experience.
- To provide Technical expertise in all fields of athletic areas including organization of competitions.
- To promote philosophy and objectives of athletic programmes in compliance with the rules and regulations of Athletics Kenya and IAAF.
- Demonstration of professionalism and positive work ethics through organizational skills and management of resources.
- 30-40 years of age.
- Plan of work assignment, provide instructions and monitor progress to successfully accomplish delegated duties under the direction of the A.K. Executive Board.
- Good written and Oral communication skill in English.
Applications which must include a covering latter, copies of relevant certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting relevant experience day time phone contact, email address and the names of three referees should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8th March, 2013 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.