Regional Hire-Secondary Education Advisor
Based in Garowe, Puntland
CARE Somalia is an International NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
Leverage your talent by being part of our program expansion in Somalia by applying for this exciting opportunity.
The position will be based in Garowe- Puntland with some travel to other sub-offices within Puntland.
The Secondary Education Advisor will provide overall technical expertise on secondary education under the Urban Youth program, including new large-scale EC-funded projects in Puntland.
S/he will be responsible for developing education strategies, advising project teams, monitoring and reporting on progress, and coordinating and liaising with staff, partners, government ministry representatives and other stakeholders.
Technical support, assessments and baselines, monitoring systems/tools and their use, implementation of secondary and teacher training activities, donor reporting and collaboration with MoE officials, consortium staff, community education committees, school heads, staff and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Education or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Somalia or in the Horn of Africa in child-friendly and girls’ secondary education programming with partners.
- Knowledge of USAID, EC and other rules & regulations, contract management, technical and managerial skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to work effectively with others at all levels, firm belief in teamwork, partnership, gender equality, participatory approaches and sustainable development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match with the required profile, please send your Application clearly marked “Secondary Education Advisor – REF:SOM /EX/0122” and CV with daytime telephone and addresses of at least three referees to email@example.com.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that this is a re-advertisement.
Previous applicants need not apply.