Shelter - Afrique is a regional Housing Finance Institution established by African governments and the African Development Bank dedicated to investment in housing and urban development in African countries.
The current shareholding comprises 44 African countries, the African Development Bank and the African Re-Insurance Corporation.
The institution, with its headquarters in Nairobi, would like to fill the position of External Relations Officer based at the Headquarters in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Affairs and Secretariat the main purpose of this role is maintaining ongoing engagement with external stakeholders of Shelter Afrique including the relevant Host Country Government Departments, Shareholders, Partners and Stakeholders as required by the conventions, statutes and agreements governing operations of Shelter-Afrique and provide logistical support for the organization of Board and Shareholder Meetings.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Masters degree in law, communications, international relations, economics, public relations or other related fields.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in Protocol, Public Administration and or Board Secretariat.
- Experience working in a multinational organization or a National Foreign Affairs Ministries.
- Excellent interpersonal, report writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in both English and French languages.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a strong understanding of different cultures and backgrounds involved.
- organizational and planning skills.
- Resourceful with well established network in local and international organizations.
Shelter-Afrique offers competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications/ competencies/skills and detailed curriculum vitae, current & expected salary as well as names and addresses of three referees (including telephone & email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should indicate “External Relations Officer” as the subject line of their email submissions.
Deadline for submission of applications is 26th February 2013.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
For more information about the position and Shelter-Afrique, please visit our website: www.shelterafrique.org